IMPORTANT BACK TO SCHOOL INFORMATION
Dear Rowland Academy Parents, Guardians, Students, and Staff,
We are excited to welcome our students back to school on Monday, August 29, 2022! However, as school districts across the nation are facing a significant teacher shortage, Rowland Academy will continue with a shortened school day for the start of the 2022-23 school year. Despite this challenge, we remain committed to providing our students with a high quality, student-centered education. To keep our Rowland families and community informed, the Harrisburg School District will host an in-person Town Hall information session on Wednesday, August 17th at 2:00 pm at Rowland Academy. In addition, the District will host a virtual Town Hall information session at 6:00 pm on August 17th. Please read the full notification letter in English or Spanish below. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through this unprecedented time.
- Click here for the ENGLISH version of the Rowland notification letter
- Click here for the SPANISH version of the Rowland notification letter
- Click HERE-Join the August 17th Zoom Information Session
Mr. Eric Turman, Superintendent
Portia Slaughter, Principal
Headlines & Features
Make your health and well-being a PRIORITY! Click the link above to view FREE wellness activities, events, and community forums for Harrisburg School District families, students, staff, and the community!
Click the link above for information about Harrisburg School District's NEW Student Registration and Enrollment Center at Camp Curtin Academy - Door #4 near the gymnasium entrance.
Click the link above for information about ONLINE Kindergarten Registration.
HBGSD Learning Options
To support the academic success and futures of our students, the Harrisburg School District offers the following list of exciting educational options and opportunities. Registration is open all summer! Don’t wait, register TODAY!
- Pre-K Counts! We are NOW accepting new families into our early childhood learning program. For information or to register call (717) 703-4008.
- Full-day kindergarten at five elementary schools serving students in kindergarten thru 4th grade.
- Three middle school academies serving students in 5th thru 8th grade.
- Two 21st Century high school campuses that offer an array of elective opportunities in the areas of STEM, Business, NJROTC, Health Sciences, comprehensive honors level and college preparatory academic programs serving students in 9th thru 12th grade.
- Cougar Academy is a free blended cyber academy that offers full-day, half-day or 100% cyber learning, serving students in 1st thru 12th grade. Cougar Academy provides free student laptops, tech support, and more!
- Harrisburg Virtual Learning Academy/HVLA is a free NEW 100% full time virtual learning academy offering customized learning pathways and online educational opportunities, serving students in K thru 12th grade. HVLA provides free student laptops, tech support, and more!
Our students are taught by highly qualified PA Certified Teachers, and have access to free programs, Student Services, extra-curricular activities, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and the Arts, literacy activities, college and career opportunities, NJROTC, athletics, free meals, and MORE! Contact us at (717) 703-4024.
We look forward to serving our families and supporting the educational success of EVERY student!