Headlines & Features
Welcome back Downey Students, Parents and Families:
We are so excited to start a new school year together. As we begin the school year back together again, we want to be sure you have all the information needed to be ready for our first day together.
Student First Day Monday, August 30, 2021
Breakfast service 8:35-8:50 (grab and go breakfast in classroom)
New Drop off/Pick Up procedures:
Monroe Street and our front parking lot is now ONE WAY only. You can only enter
from Verbeke Street.
Morning Entrance Information:
To ensure the safety of all students-families will not be permitted to drop students off inside the building.
- K-2 students will enter the building through the main entrance.
- 3-4 students will enter the building at the library entrance.
Afternoon Dismissal Information:
To speed up pick up and ensure safety for all students we will be using a number system for all pick ups. Your temporary pass is included in this mailing. You will receive your permanent pass at our August 26, 2021 Welcome Back Open House or on the 1st day of school.
- All families will be given a number (based on address)
- Car Rider Pickup-Cars will enter the front loop from Verbeke St, show their assigned number and proceed to pick up. Car rider pick up will happen at the end of the front loop.
- Walker Parent Pickup-Parents will enter the lobby, show their assigned number and students will be called for pick up.
Please be patient on the first few days of school as we work through this new system.
We are looking forward to a great year Growing Every Student...Everyday. If you have any questions or concerns-please contact the Downey office at 717-703-1240.